By controlling the reporting of infection numbers, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has portrayed China as having come out of the coronavirus outbreak. However, on March 30, Li Keqiang delivered a different message.
Xinhua reported that, on March 30, Li Keqiang hosted a Central Novel Coronavirus Epidemic Prevention and Control Leading Group meeting. Li is the Chairman of the group. Wang Huning, another Politburo Standing Committee member in charge of the CCP’s propaganda and the Vice Chair of the Leading group, also attended the meeting.
Li stated that no country can keep itself clean while the pandemic is widely spreading in the world. People should have a clear head and fully understand the risk and challenge of China’s pandemic prevention.
Li stressed again that the local government must publish transparent information and is absolutely prohibited from hiding or under-reporting infection counts to pursue a “zero” result. (Li made a similar statement at the March 23 meeting. See Chinascope posting: Leadership: Li Keqiang Asked Officials Not to Hide Data and Prepare for Long-Lasting Work)
Li also asked that the efforts be increased to monitor and inspect the asymptomatic carriers. Once found, those people must be transferred immediately to a centralized location for quarantine and medical care.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Leadership: Li Keqiang Asked Officials Not to Hide Data and Prepare for a Long-Lasting Work
- Leadership: The Widespread of a WeChat Posting Calling for Politburo Meeting to Remove Xi Jinping
- Leadership: Beijing May Hold “Lianghui” (“The Two Conferences”) in Late April or Early May
- Leadership – Xi Jinping’s Fake Wuhan Show
- Leadership: Political Signs of Xi Jinping’s Visiting to Wuhan
Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Xinhua, March 30, 2020