A Study Times report published on February 27, 2012, stated that China’s self-developed Beidou Satellite System offers China strong military capabilities. What Beidou includes:
1. Offers global positioning capabilities to the military.
2. Provides communication services. It can integrate with the telecom system, the computer system, and the surveillance monitoring system to form a joint combat command system.
3. Provides precision-guidance to ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, ground missiles, guided bombs, and other precision strike weapons, to improve their hit ratio.
4. Accurately locates the position of long-range weapons and evaluates their attack effectiveness.
5. Provides navigation and positioning to special operations forces to improve the individual soldier’s combat capability and mobility.
Source: Study Times, February 27, 2012