While the Western world has imposed tough sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, China and Russia held a series of activities recently.
- On June 10, the Heilhe-Bragoveshchensk road bridge officially opened. Hu Chunhua, China’s Vice Premier, attended and addressed the online opening ceremony.
- On June 15, Putin called Xi Jinping on Xi’s birthday.
- On June 17, Xi Jinping attended, online, and addressed the plenary session of the 25th St. Petersburg International Economic Forum in Russia.
- Russia and China sent naval ships which separately sailed around the Japanese archipelago.
- On June 17, China’s Ambassador to Russia Zhang Hanhui said that China is ready to provide airplane parts to Russian Airlines. The Western sanctions ban exporting airline parts and leasing or supplying airplanes to Russia.
- On June 20, Russia’s St. Petersburg Stock Exchange started trading 12 stocks listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including Tencent, Alibaba, Meituan, Xiaomi, and Jingdong.
1. China’s Government Website, June 10, 2022
2. China’s Foreign Ministry Website, June 17, 2022
3. Net Ease, June 23, 2022
4. Epoch Times, June 21, 2022
5. Net Ease, June 17, 2022