On May 12, the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) issued a report, titled “U.N.-China: WHO Mindful but Not Beholden to China.” The report stated that China threatened to cut ties with the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) coronavirus investigation team if the agency declared a global health emergency.
On May 8, Der Speigel, a German newspaper, published a German intelligence report that Xi Jinping personally requested that WHO Director-General Tedros not release human-to-human transmission information and delay the announcement of a public health emergency. (See Chinascope posting: Hiding Information: Did Xi Jinping Called WHO to Withhold Information?)
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Hiding Information: Did Xi Jinping Called WHO to Withhold Information?
- Hiding Information: Wuhan Virology Lab Deleted Files
- Hiding Information: WHO Official: China Did Not Invite WHO to Investigate
- Hiding Information: Document Showed the CCP Hid Info for the Critical Six Days in Virus Containment
- Hiding Information: Wuhan Newspaper Said Doctor Reported Infection Cases in December and Authorities Took Actions Immediately
Source: Fox News, May 13, 2020