Wen Jiabao attended the National Conference on Financial Work China held in Beijing on January 6 and 7, 2012, and gave a speech, which listed eight measures for China’s financial reform:
1. Provide more good-quality financial services for society’s economic development.
2. Deepen the reform of financial organizations.
3. Strengthen and improve financial oversight and prevent systematic financial risks.
4. Guard against and mitigate the local government’s debt risks.
5. Improve the development of the capital market and the insurance market.
6. Improve the financial macro-control system.
7. Expand the opening of the financial industry (to the world) and improve the capabilities to allocate financial resources and safeguard the level of protection for financial security.
8. Strengthen the development of the financial infrastructure and improve the environment for financial development.
Source: Xinhua, January 7, 2012