After receiving Hu Jintao’s approval, the Central Military Committee recently published an order “The Opinion on Strengthening Military Information Security Protection Under the New Situation.” The order outlines the following areas:
1) Strengthen the leadership for the information security protection and clarify each organization’s role and responsibilities, to establish an integrated and connected information security management system.
2) Improve the information security work mechanism and standardize procedures for security management, network security, and electromagnetic safety.
3) Establish an information security team.
4) Improve information security protection technology and methods.
5) Strengthen the management of information security protection, including management of human resources, information, network, critical weaponry equipments, and containers, sites, and activities that are related to security information
Source: Xinhua, April 6, 2010