#1: U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham told the Fox Television’s “Hannity” program that China should pay for its response to the coronavirus that enabled the contagion to spread around the world.
“If it were up to me, the whole world should send China a bill for the pandemic,” Graham said. “This is the third pandemic to come out of China and they come from these wet markets where they have bats and monkeys with the virus — carrying the virus — intermingled with the food supply. Yeah, I’d make China pay big time.” (Fox News)
#2: Cardinal Charles Maung Bo of Myanmar wrote an article to criticize the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for hiding the Wuhan Pneumonia epidemic information which led to the worldwide outbreak.
In his article, Cardinal Maung Bo stated that China hid the information from the Chinese people, which the international community was strongly against and it should be held accountable for legal and financial liabilities. He quoted the report from the University of Southampton that China could have reduced its infection count by 66 percent, 86 percent, or 95 percent, if it had taken proper actions 1 week, 2 weeks, or 3 weeks earlier. (Radio France International) (See Chinascope posting: Accountability: China Could Have Reduced the Coronavirus Infection Count by Two Thirds If Taking Actions One Week Earlier)
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Accountability: The CCP’s Handling of the Coronavirus Followed Its Unrestricted Warfare Strategy
- Accountability: U.S. Intelligence Community Reported that CCP Concealed the Coronavirus Outbreak in China
- Accountability: China Could Have Reduced the Coronavirus Infection Count by Two Thirds If Taking Actions One Week Earlier
- Accountability: Chinese Professor Challenged the CCP with Ten Questions
- Accountability: US Law Makers and Netherlands Official Held the CCP Accountable
1. Source: Fox News, April 7, 2020
2. Excerpt in Chinese:
与中国友好的缅甸，其枢机主教貌波（Charles Maung Bo）撰文，指北京政府隐瞒武汉肺炎疫情，又打压吹哨人，以致疫情蔓延，须为此负责，要求中国国家主席习近平及他领导的中共向所有人道歉和赔偿，注销其他国家的债务，以支付有关国家应对疫情的费用。
Source: Radio France International, April 5, 2020