The Ministry of Culture recently published the reform work for the culture system for 2010. There are six focuses:
1. Jumpstart the development of the cultural industry by speeding up the transformation of operating culture organizations into for-profit enterprises.
2. Expand the entertainment market to western China and to minority and less-developed areas.
3. Push legal enforcement in the cultural market and in its products.
4. Improve cultural services offered to the public.
5. Proactively promote the “going abroad” strategy to expand Chinese culture’s international influence.
6. Strengthen the management of culture system reform.
Source: Xinhua, February 15, 2010