On April 2, the Chinese authorities reported a new high COVID count: 13,146 cases (1,455 confirmed infection cases and 11,691 asymptomatic cases). Shanghai had 8,226 cases (438 confirmed infection cases and 7,788 asymptomatic cases). Jilin Province had 4,455 cases (956 confirmed infection cases and 3,499 asymptomatic cases). Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is known for hiding COVID information, the actual infection numbers are unknown.
The CCP sent medical support teams from many provinces, including Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shaanxi, Beijing, Fujian and other provinces, to Shanghai to help. Online videos showed many police from Shandong Province showed up in Shanghai; some Shanghai residents said they were sent to maintain “stability.” In other words, their task was to put down any protests that the locked- down people initiated. Some protests broke out in residential communities due to the lack of a food supply. Also, a special airplane from Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province flew 120 food delivery people to Shanghai. Their job was to help to pick vegetables and package them for distribution. This indicates that the Shanghai’s food packaging and delivery system is also facing a severe resource shortage.
The French Consulate in Shanghai delivered a letter to the Shanghai government to request that the Shanghai authorities preserve the human rights of the citizens of the European Union who are in Shanghai. A few requests were:
- Under no circumstances should the parents and children be separated. They asked this because regarding the Chinese citizens, the Shanghai authorities have separated the parents from their children.
- It is better to set up a special quarantine environment and provide English-speaking workers to the asymptomatic patients or patients with light symptoms.
- People who have only been exposed to COVID patients but are not infected should not be sent to centralized quarantine sites. Instead they should be allowed to manage their own health at home. They asked this because the Shanghai authorities gathered many exposed, but not infected, Chinese citizens and put them in centralized quarantine sites.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Pandemic: Official Lies and Tragedies Associated with COVID
- Pandemic: Shanghai Started Half-City Locked Down
- Pandemic: 17 Cities in China Locked Down in The Current Pandemic Round
- Pandemic: Shanghai Partially and Shenzhen Fully Locked Down, Jilin Locked the Province
1. Epoch Times, April 3, 2022
2. Epoch Times, April 2, 2022
3. Radio France International, April 2, 2022