China is concerned about the people infected with coronavirus entering its country from Russia. On April 13, Heilongjiang Province, a major province neighboring Russia, issued an order to reward people for reporting anyone illegally crossing the border.
The Heilongjiang Leading Group, which issued the order in a Response to the Novel Coronavirus, stated that the province fully encourages people to report relevant information regarding people illegally crossing the Heilongjiang border. A person who gives a tip to the government will receive a 3,000 yuan (US $430) award if the information is verified. People who arrest the person crossing the border illegally and hand him to the authorities will receive a 5,000 yuan award.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Infection Count: Heilongjiang Is Preparing for Epidemic Outbreak
- Infection Count: China Started Reporting Count of Asymptomatic Virus Carriers
- Infection Count: China Does Not Count Patients Who Became Negative But Then Positive Again
- Infection Count: Hubei Was Unlocked, But Beijing Does not Want Anyone from Hubei to Come
- Infection Count: 60 Percent Hidden Infection Cases in Wuhan Are Not Reported
Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Xinhua, April 14, 2020