According to Radio Free Asia, China News Week Magazine reported an article published on Nature on March 20, saying that hidden infections may account for 60 percent of the total novel coronavirus infections. This conclusion was based on an article submitted to medRxiv by the research team led by Wu Tangchun, School of Public Health, Huazhong Science and Technology University.
The article by Wu’s team analyzed the data from Wuhan Health Commissions and built a math model. Based on their model, at least 59 percent of infection cases in Wuhan have not been reported or recorded, including asymptomatic cases and mild cases.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Infection Count: Cured Patients Tested COVID-19 Positive Again
- Infection Count: Zhang Wenhong Worried about Shanghai’s Confirmed Infection Count Being Zero
- Infection Count: Shandong Internal Report Had Much Higher Infection Counts Than the Published Numbers
- Infection Count: Caixin Showed Wuhan Civil Affairs Bureau Was Lying
- Infection Count: Changjiang Daily Reported a Coronavirus Case on a Day That the Government Reported Zero
Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Radio Free Asia, March 26, 2020