After Sun Lijun, Deputy Minister of Public Security, was taken down, Fu Zhenghua, another high ranking official on the public security team was also removed from the Deputy Party Secretary position of the Ministry of Justice.
Fu was the Deputy Party Secretary and Executive Deputy Minister of Public Security and the previous head of the “610 Office” (in charge of persecuting Falun Gong). He was appointed as the Minister of Justice in 2018. Following the CCP tradition, he also held the Deputy Party Secretary position of the Ministry of Justice. The common interpretation of moving him out of the Ministry of Public Security at that time was to make it easier to investigate his problems at the Ministry of Public Security.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Leadership: Chinese Media’s Discussions on the Downfall of Deputy Minister of Public Security Sun Lijun
- Leadership: Xi Warned to Prepare for Changes in the External Environment
- Leadership: Is Xi Jinping in Trouble in the CCP Internal Fight?
- Leadership: Xi Jinping Gave Instructions When Visiting Zhejiang Province
- Leadership: Li Keqiang Warned the Coronavirus Risk in China and Asked to Manage the Asymptomatic Carriers
Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Radio France International, April 22, 2020