China reported that, on March 16, its first recombinant coronavirus vaccine (adenovirus vector) was approved for clinical trial. Volunteers, organized in 3 groups with 36 people in each group, were given injections. They were under observation for 14 days.
The Institute of Biological Engineering, the Academy of Military Medical Sciences of the Academy of Military Sciences, and CanSino Biologics, Inc (CanSinoBIO), a biopharmaceutical company, developed the vaccine. Major General Chen Wei, China’s chief biochemical weapon defense expert and an Academician at China’s Engineering Academy, led the development.
However, on the Internet, people pointed out that it would have taken at least 5 months to develop the recombinant coronavirus vaccine that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) had gotten approved. The U.S. has also developed a vaccine in a short period, but it was based on a different technology (mRNA technology), which could take about 40 days to do. The traditional recombinant vaccine could provide a permanent cure but the mRNA vaccine is like a flu shot that needs to be done every year.
Thus, people questioned when the CCP started its vaccine development so it could complete the five months of efforts by March.
Below is the timeline of vaccine development efforts of Chen Wei’s team, according to reports by Economic Daily, New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV), HK01, Liberty Times, Wang Hao’s Facebook Posting (quoted by the Liberty Times).
On January 26, Chen Wei went to Wuhan to take over the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, China’s first Biocontainment Level 4 (BL4) lab (Chinese call it a P4 lab). (NTDTV – based on a report from China’s state media)
On January 28, the Academy of Military Medical Sciences started developing the vaccine. (NTDTV – based on report by China’s state media)
On February 26, Chen’s team developed and manufactured the recombinant coronavirus vaccine. Pictures on the Internet showed the vaccine bottle. The label said, “manufactured on February 26, 2020; expires on February 25, 2022; and manufactured by the Academy of Military Medical Sciences of the Academy of Military Sciences and CanSinoBIO.” (NTDTV and HK01)
On March 3, Chen Wei and six other party members took the vaccine injection for a “first-time human body safety test.” Sun Chunlan, China’s Vice Premier, went to the site to congratulate them. (NTDTV – based on a report by China’s state media)
On March 16, China started a human clinical trial. (Economic Daily)
Some people questioned whether the CCP actually started the vaccine work back in September, 2019 (Liberty Times quoted Wang Hao’s Facebook posting and also another Twitter account which made the same point). They said two things are suspicious:
- On September 18, 2019, China held a “Novel Coronavirus Emergency Response” Exercise in Wuhan.
- CanSinoBIO’s stock price had a strange performance in November and December of last year. The stock has been listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since March 2019, but it was very attractive initially. In October 2019, after Wuhan’s “Novel Coronavirus” exercise, its stock started to rise; there were a large volume of purchases in mid-November; and the stocks’ price doubled in December; though there was not much news about the stock at that time.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Virus Origin: Zhang Wenhong Disagreed That Coronavirus Originated Outside China
- Virus Origin: Southern Medical University Found The Coronavirus Is Unlikely to Evolve from Bat
- Virus Origin: Zhong Nanshan Said Coronavirus May Originate Outside China
- Virus Origin: Chinese Researchers Said That Wuhan Seafood Market Is Not the Origin
- Virus Origin: Henan Province Issued an Order to Safely Manage Laboratory Animals