An unconfirmed Internet posting stated that Cai Erjin is the son of Cai Qi (蔡奇), Beijing Communist Party Secretary. Cai Erjin’s lover was infected with the coronavirus and later transmitted it to Cai Erjin and his wife. Cai Qi and his wife have been put under 14 days of quarantine.
An unconfirmed tweet said that Chua Hwa Por, son-in-law of Li Zhanshu (栗战书), Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress and a member of the Chinese Communist Party’s Politburo Standing Committee, was infected with the coronavirus. Chua was a citizen of Singapore and lived there. Li Zhanshu sent a private plane to bring his son-in-law back to Beijing. Li tried to get him to stay in the military No 301 Hospital, which provides healthcare to the high-ranking officials, but the retired officials who currently stay at the hospital uniformly rejected it. Li then put him in the China-Japan Friendship Hospital, where Cai Qi’s son Cai Erjin also stayed. Xi Jinping was unhappy with bringing a coronavirus patient back to Beijing.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Leadership: Wuhan Unlocked the City for Three Hours and Then Re-closed It
- Leadership: China Postponed “Lianghui” (“The Two Conferences”)
- Leadership: Chinese Leaders Are Planning Hide-out Place While Fighting the Coronavirus
- Leadership: “Turning Point Has Not Come Yet”
- Leadership: Ding Xiangyang: Xi Jinping Ordered Wuhan Lockdown
1. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Rolia.net, February 21, 2020
2. Excerpt in Chinese:
中日友好医院医生爆料：栗战书女婿蔡华波（新加坡籍：Chua Hwa Por）感染武汉肺炎。被栗战书用私人飞机运回北京。栗安排住301医院，遭致西区高干病区的中共离退休高干家庭一致反对，迫不得已转往中日友好医院（和蔡奇儿子成为病友）。据说习对运输病人回京很不满。希望中日友好医院尽快出面澄清事实
— 一剑飘尘06 (@yjpc06) February 25, 2020