After the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Wuhan City and Hubei Province, Beijing sent a Central Government Supervisory Group, headed by Vice Premier Sun Chunlan, to Hubei to oversee its pandemic prevention and control work. The group left Hubei on April 27.
However, on May 4, the State Council sent a Liaison Group under the State Council Joint Defense and Joint Control Mechanism back to Hubei Province. Ding Xiangyang, Deputy Secretary General of the State Council serves the Director of the liaison group and Yu Xuejun, Deputy Director of the National Health Commission serves the Deputy Director.
The liaison group’s main responsibilities include gathering information on the status of the pandemic prevention and control work in Wuhan and Hubei and reporting it, supervising implementation, preventing coronavirus rebound, and also gathering information on the work of resuming production and schooling.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Infection Count: Heilongjiang Province Either Is Having Or Facing Epidemic Outbreak
- Infection Count: Coronavirus Epidemic Situation at Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, and Yunnan
- Infection Count: Several Places in China Showed Signs of Coronavirus Spreading Again
- Infection Count: Coronavirus Is Spreading in Harbin City, Heilong Jiang Province
- Infection Count: Heilongjiang Is Preparing for Epidemic Outbreak
Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Xinhua, May 5, 2020