More and more news indicates that Heilongjiang Province is either already suffering a wide spread of the coronavirus or is facing a large outbreak.
#1: On April 27, Xi Jinping, at the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Politburo Standing Committee meeting, singled out Heilongjiang, stating that it must strengthen measures on epidemic prevention and control, investigate loopholes, and fix shortcomings, especially in the prevention of hospital infections. (Oriental Daily)
#2: On April 30, the State Council sent a supervisory group to Heilongjiang to oversee their coronavirus prevention work. Several members were sent from the supervisory group to Hubei. On May 1, the supervisory group reported four major issues found in Heilongjiang:
- A lack of understanding of epidemic prevention and control.
- Weaknesses in “before hospital” management: people entering Heilongjiang from abroad were not quarantined in a centralized location, checkpoints did not test people strictly, and local communities did not have effective prevention and control.
- The authorities did not conduct enough coronavirus tests.
- Hospitals did not have effective prevention and control measures. (Central News Agency)
#3: On May 1, Harbin, the capital city of Heilongjiang, issued an urgent notice to all districts, counties, and municipal agencies: starting on May 2, all restaurants doing BBQ, hot pot, and pot cooking services should stop dining-in services. When to open the service will be decided later. Shopping malls, supermarkets, and farmer’s markets should manage indoor ventilation, conduct disinfection, require people to wear face masks, measure each visitor’s body temperature, scan their health codes on mobile phones, and restrict the number of visitors. (China National Radio)
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Infection Count: Coronavirus Epidemic Situation at Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, and Yunnan
- Infection Count: Several Places in China Showed Signs of Coronavirus Spreading Again
- Infection Count: Coronavirus Is Spreading in Harbin City, Heilong Jiang Province
- Infection Count: Heilongjiang Awards 3,000 Yuan for Reporting People Crossing Border
- Infection Count: Heilongjiang Is Preparing for Epidemic Outbreak
1. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Oriental Daily, April 30, 2020
2. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Central News Agency, May 1, 2020
3. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: China National Radio, May 2, 2020