Coronavirus infections have occurred in Beijing. The city is exercising a “wartime” mechanism in some parts of the city. Several provinces and cities warned their residents not to go to Beijing.
1. China’s National Health Commission reported one coronavirus infection case in Beijing on June 11 and another six on June 12. Most of the infection cases were traced back to the Xinfadi agricultural products wholesale market in Fengtai District, Beijing. Authorities conducted a nucleic acid test on 1,940 people working in the agricultural products wholesale fields. Out of the 517 test samples from the Xinfadi wholesale market, an additional 45 people tested positive.
Fengtai District started a “wartime” mechanism. It locked down 11 residential communities with people watching the entrance around the clock, discontinued schooling for 3 elementary schools and 6 kindergartens in the vicinity of the Xinfadi wholesale market, conducted traffic control at the Xinfadi exit from the highway, and blocked several streets next to the market.
Liaoning Province reported 2 asymptomatic infection cases on June 12. Both victims had close contact with the confirmed patients in Beijing. (Radio France International)
2. On June 13 and 14, Qian’an City in Hebei Province, Tongliao City in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, Binhai District of Tianjin City, Liaoning Province, Suzhou City in Jiangsu Province, Luliang City in Shanxi Province, and both Daqing and Harbin Cities in Heilongjiang Province issued warnings or directly stated that residents should avoid traveling to Beijing unless the trip is absolutely necessary. (Beijing Daily)
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Infection Count: All Trains at Mudanjiang City Are Stopped
- Infection Count: Jilin Citizens Are Prohibited from Entering Beijing
- Infection Count: Jilin City Locked Down Due to Coronavirus Epidemic
- Infection Count: Wuhan Plans to Test All People in Ten Days
- Infection Count: Beijing Sent Supervisory Group Back to Wuhan Again
1. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Radio France International, June 13, 2020
2. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Beijing Daily, June 14, 2020