As of March 9, the COVID-19 pandemic had spread to all four municipalities (Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, and Chongqing) and 15 provinces.
Both Jilin City and Changchun City in Jilin Province confirmed their cases were the omicron variant. Jilin city has set up three modular hospitals with 1,186 beds to supplement the existing hospitals.
Shanghai has been reporting over 50 cases (both confirmed cases and asymptomatic cases) each day for several days, whereas in the past a city usually only report the infection count in single digits or teens.
Since the Chinese Communist Party is known to hide the infection information, the actual infection number is unknown.
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Pandemic: COVID Spread to Inner Mongolia, Wuhan, and Beijing
- Pandemic: China’s “Zero” COVID Policy Hands Companies Huge Profits
- Pandemic: Baise City, Guangxi Autonomous Region Locked Down
- Pandemic: Hangzhou and Xiong’an Suffered CCOVID-19
- Pandemic: Eight Provinces and Municipalities in China Reported COVID-19 Cases
Source: Epoch Times, March 9, 2022