Xinhua reported that the Czech Republic bought 150,000 novel coronavirus testing kits and, on March 18, used its military plane to ship them back. “Czech Republic Minister of Health Adam Vojtěch said these kits would be sent to the locked down areas where the pandemic is severe. It can give results in 20 minutes.” Xinhua said that Czech’s traditional testing equipment needed 6 hours to give a result.
“The Czech Republic’s Prime Minister Andrej Babiš said that they received considerable help from China’s Embassy to the Czech Republic in sending a military plane to China to bring the emergency medical supplies back.”
However, on March 23, the Czech news media iROZHLAS reported that 80 percent of China’s quick testing kits produced the wrong result in their testing.
Experts reported on this high error rate at a pandemic information meeting that a regional hygienist Pavla Svrcinova hosted. Svrcinova said that these test kits produced “fake positives” and “fake negatives” when they were compared with the traditional testing results. “It is fortunate that we took this forward-thinking action (to validate the testing kits).”
Related postings on Chinascope:
- “World Leader”: Global Times Called Sweden “Irresponsible” for “Surrendering to Coronavirus”
- “World Leader”: China’s Novel Coronavirus Vaccine Is Ready for Human Testing
- “World Leader”: Experts: China’s Epidemic Control Model Cannot Be Adopted by Other Countries
- World Leader: Taiwan Set an Example for the World
- “World Leader”: Beijing Released a Documentary “The Lockdown: One Month in Wuhan”
1. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Xinhua, March 19, 2020
2. Excerpt in Chinese:
Source: Epoch Times, March 20, 2020