Fox News reported that it has obtained information from multiple sources that the COVID-19 outbreak had likely originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab.
The sources told Fox that they think the Chinese lab studied and experimented with the virus in an attempt to demonstrate that its virus research capabilities are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States. However, the virus was transmitted to a human from a bat. Then the “patient zero” (the first human who was infected with the virus), who worked at the lab, passed it to other people in Wuhan. (Fox News, #1)
Secretary of State Pompeo expressed that he wants to find out the truth about Wuhan. In an interview with Fox host Martha MacCallum, Pompeo said, “(O)ne of the best ways they [China] could find to cooperate would be to let the world in and to let the world’s scientists know exactly how this came to be; exactly how this virus began to spread.” (Fox News, #2)
Related postings on Chinascope:
- Virus Origin: China Completed a Five-Month Coronavirus Vaccine Development Effort in March
- Virus Origin: Chinese Researchers Said That Wuhan Seafood Market Is Not the Origin
- Virus Origin: SARS Virus Was Leaked in Beijing in 2004
- Virus Origin: Who Was Patient “No. Zero”?
- Virus Origin: Chinese Researcher Sentenced for Selling Experimental Animals
1. Source: Fox News, April 16, 2020
2. Source: Fox News, April 16, 2020